Image: Hermanus Whale Festival
28-30 September 2018
The little coastal village of Hermanus, along the Western Cape coastline, boasts some of the best land-based whale watching in the world and its a wonderful place to encounter the majestic Southern Right Whale. September is peak whale-watching season in Hermanus and the town celebrates as thousands of tourists visit the area during the Hermanus Whale Festival.
Now in its 27th year, this three-day festival is the oldest and largest festival on the Cape Whale Coast and, while the whales are the stars of the show, there are plenty of other family-friendly festivities to enjoy from 28-30 September 2018.
In a short few years, the Eco-Marine Tent has become firmly established as the Hermanus Whale Festival’s biggest attraction. Informative and entertaining, the attraction appeals to anyone with a passion for preserving our marine wildlife, young and old. Exhibitions provide education on marine mammals and fish, plastic pollution and endangered species, inspiring ocean-warriors, every year.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
The festival combines whale watching from shore and sea with live shows, hands-on family fun, street parades, film, music, seafood and local produce
- An inter-active Eco – Marine Village Tent as our main focus are on conservation
- Eco-Marine talks about whales, penguins, white sharks ( shark week)
- Treasure hunt in the Eco – Marine Tent for the kiddies on Saturday and Sunday (12-2)
- Good Hope FM broadcasting live for 3 days at the Whale Festival
- Great food at the festival as well as restaurants in Hermanus
- Quality crafters on Market Square
- Kiddies Entertainment on Market Square
- The popular Street Parade on Saturday Morning
- Whales and Wheels Classic Car Show
- Coke Music Marquee on Gearing’s Point
Visit www.hermanuswhalefestival.co.za for the full programme and more information